Katie Godfrey is a single parent who wished to open a small salon 12 years back when she had no money or qualification. She strived to get aid through bank loans, due to which she was near bankruptcy. But her constant efforts to provide qualified luxury treatments pushed her through all the hard times. At the age of 18, Katie Godfrey opened up her first business, a model agency but then just a year later, she went on to launch her main business, KG Salon.
Over the years, the KG brand has excelled in multiple areas in the hair and beauty industry including KG Salon – an award-winning beauty salon, providing luxury treatments, and KG Professional – an international beauty training academy aiming to increase the standards of beauty salons while providing a quality product range, and KG Business Mentor – a business to mentor those struggling in the hair and beauty industry. Despite the expansion, there is one talented entrepreneur behind it all, Katie Godfrey.
Katie got the opportunity to be a part of Amazon’s number 1 bestselling book “Extraordinary Women” along with other inspirational women including Noel Janis-Norton, Nicola Whiting, Hither Mann, Sarah McAllister, and 6 others. The young entrepreneur also hosts her own podcast, “The Life of KG” where shares her personal experiences so that others too can learn and build their own businesses in the beauty and hair industry. While being the co-owner of the “World Lash University” conference and awards, Katie has also won several awards since she started her career. Recently in 2020, she got the award for 3rd “Inspirational Women of the Year” and became the winner of “Health & Beauty Franchise of the Year” at Livewire Excellence Awards.
We had an initial consultation call with Katie Godfrey, where we identified her goals and requirements. On the call, we discussed the PR strategy we would implement in the upcoming months.
ROADMAP TO SUCCESS
Based on the needs of Katie Godfrey, we worked with her to build out a roadmap of publications, a timeline, and a trajectory for success that will best elevate the digital authority of her brand.
GET TO WORK
We sent her a questionnaire that we would leverage to craft her content. Then, we began the process of content creation and getting her featured on the agreed publications.
Katie Godfrey was widely known for her brand KG, however she wanted to further boost her brand credibility and authority. What we needed to do was to craft out a unique angle for Katie’s story and help her get press features in different major publications.
- Present Katie Godfrey’s success story from a unique angle and boost her brand awareness.
- Improve Google search presence for Katie Godfrey and her brand ‘KG’.
- Boost brand credibility and authority by positioning Katie Godfrey as an expert in the hair and beauty industry.
- Generate enough press so that it could later on be used as leverage to get on even bigger media outlets if needed.
- Got Katie Godfrey featured on several publications including Disrupt Magazine, The Hustler’s Digest, and more.
- Created compelling content and strategically got it placed on major media outlets to position Katie Godfrey as an expert in her field.
- Boosted press exposure, and brand credibility tremendously.
- Attained a lot of powerful media coverage, hence laid the initial foundation for social media verification in the future.