Khalila Lister is a public speaking coach, strategist, and serial entrepreneur. She is a London-based entrepreneur who converted to Islam when she was a teenager. Despite building a successful career as a public speaker, radio host, and actress, Khalila felt unfulfilled. She believes that seeking spirituality gave her a profound sense of meaning and purpose in life.
Khalila has studied storytelling at Goldsmith and also worked as a teacher. When her fourth daughter was born, she became a single mom. She could not do a 9–5 job while raising four children alone. Therefore, she quit her job and co-founded Home-School Queens, an education business. The business soon reached an international audience of approximately 10,000 and became successful. During a live masterclass, Khalila witnessed the benefits of using her voice again.
Khalila began training with some of the world’s best public speakers and was invited to share her story at TEDx Santa Barbara, California. It was time for her voice to be heard and taken seriously. With this success, Khalila then opened the Power Of Voice Academy.
The Power Of Voice Academy is Muslims’ first public speaking academy. While the academy does not teach religion, it is grounded in values that align with those of the Muslim community. The academy provides a platform for women to connect while gaining valuable strategies and techniques to improve their public speaking skills. The academy offers various services, including online courses, workshops, and coaching. One of the unique aspects of the Power of Voice Academy is that it is specifically tailored to the experiences and needs of Muslim women, as Muslim women face unique challenges and obstacles.
Khalila is blessed to work with some extraordinary, inspirational Muslim talent, helping them to become the excellent speakers they were born to be. Khalila aims to keep inspiring and creating opportunities for other Muslim women to follow in her footsteps.
Khalila Lister came to us because she wanted to boost and strengthen her brand via attention in the media and other sources.
We had an initial consultation call with Khalila Lister, where we identified her goals and requirements. On the call, we discussed the PR strategy we would implement in the upcoming months.
ROADMAP TO SUCCESS
Based on the needs of Khalila Lister, we worked with her to build out a roadmap of publications, a timeline, and a trajectory for success that will best elevate the digital authority of her brand.
GET TO WORK
We sent her a questionnaire that we would leverage to craft her content. Then, we began the process of content creation and getting her featured on the agreed publications.
Khalila Lister, a leading entrepreneur, and CEO of The Power Of Voice Academy wanted to boost her company and social media credibility and authority further. We needed to craft a unique angle for Khalila’s story, and help her get press features in different significant publications.
- Present Khalila’s success story from a unique angle and help her gain worldwide recognition.
- Improve Google search presence for Khalila and her company.
- Boost social media credibility and authority by positioning Khalila Lister as an expert in her field.
- Generate enough press so that it could, later on, be used as leverage to get on even bigger media outlets if needed.
- Khalila Lister was featured in several publications, including Concept News Now, Pennsylvania Daily Post, Buzz Sentinel, and more.
- Created compelling content and strategically placed it on major media outlets to position Khalila Lister as an expert in her field.
- Boosted press exposure and brand credibility tremendously.
- Attained a lot of powerful media coverage, hence laying the initial foundation for social media verification in the future