Tom Caravela is the host of MSL Talk, a popular Medical Affairs / Medical Science Liaison-focused podcast with 150,000+ listeners from more than 50 countries. He is also the Managing Partner of The Carolan Group, a recruitment and executive search firm for Medical Science Liaisons and Medical Affairs professionals, and a Certified Keynote Speaker, Trainer, and Executive Coach.
Born and raised in Northern New Jersey outside of NYC, Tom began his career as a pharmaceutical sales representative and spent 10 years in various field sales roles. After graduating from Rutgers University in 1990, Tom realized he had a passion for people and loved the idea of making a living by engaging with others. So he decided he needed to pursue a career in sales, leading him to US Healthcare.
Tom Caravela has over 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and biotech industry. He has been managing The Carolan Group for 20 years as a leading Medical Affairs Executive Search Firm specializing in identifying top talent for its clients. The company is highly niche-focused, client-driven, and fully dedicated to the scientific community.
Tom launched his podcast “MSL Talk”, specifically to provide a valuable, interesting, and entertaining resource for the MSL Community. On MSL Talk, Tom discusses MSL trends, industry news, statistics and hiring data, and much more.
Tom is truly dedicated to his profession as an industry leader and influencer. Through his recruitment firm and podcast, Tom is motivated to continue the effort of guiding others on a path to success in the pharmaceutical industry.
Tom Caravela came to us because he wanted to boost his brand further and strengthen his social media credibility and authority. Tom also wanted to become a contributor on major websites and get interviewed on a well-known TV show.
We had an initial consultation call with Tom Caravela, where we identified his goals and requirements. On the call, we discussed the PR strategy we would implement in the upcoming months.
ROADMAP TO SUCCESS
Based on the needs of Tom Caravela, we worked with him to build out a roadmap of publications, a timeline, and a trajectory for success that will best elevate the digital authority of his brand.
GET TO WORK
We sent him a questionnaire that we would leverage to craft his content. Then, we began the process of content creation and getting him featured on the agreed publications.
Tom Caravela wanted to boost his social media credibility and authority. We needed to craft a unique angle for Tom’s story and leverage our network of connections to get him featured on some of the most prominent media outlets so that he could become a contributor on major websites and also get interviewed on a TV show.
- Present Tom Caravela’s success story from a unique angle and help him gain worldwide recognition
- Improve Google search presence for Tom Caravela and his business
- Boost social media credibility and authority by positioning Tom Caravela as an expert in his field
- Generate enough press so that it could, later on, be used as leverage to get on even bigger media outlets, get his interview done on a famous TV show, and help him be a contributor on Miami Daily Post, The Hustler’s Digest, and other major websites
- Got Tom Caravela featured in several publications, including NetNewsLedger, London Daily Post, Chicago Weekly, California Herald, and many others
- Created compelling content and strategically got it placed on major media outlets to position Tom Caravela as an expert in his field
- Boosted press exposure and brand credibility tremendously
- Attained a lot of robust media coverage and helped him become a contributor to Miami Daily Post, The Hustler’s Digest, and other major websites
- We got him interviewed on Park City TV, which was an addition to authenticating his brand name and enhancing his online presence