Anne Van Leynseele with her Juris Doctor and an International Executive MBA, is a consummate corporate cannabis lawyer. Anne’s journey took a turn when she found the health insurance world inefficient. While working full time at a top law firm and attending law school at night, her realization caused her to create a resource called “The Layperson’s Guide to Breast Cancer”. Based on her diverse work history, graduating with honors and this eye-catching document, she landed a four-year contract to serve as a federal attorney-advisor in Washington DC for Obama One. Her work there helped to reshape the country’s health care structure in the form of the “Affordable Care Act”.
After her four-year experience with Obama One, she encountered another disparity in the system: the Federal Bureau of Reclamation was denying water rights to legally licensed cannabis growers in Washington State and Colorado, the first two states to legalize recreational marijuana. Infuriated with the struggle of these entrepreneurs in the burgeoning cannabis industry, Anne decided to help them against this unfair treatment and to help these start-up businesses to understand and comply with the complex matrix of laws, rules, policies, and reporting required to remain legal.
In May 2014, Anne founded 7 Point Law, formerly known as Northwest Marijuana Law, and started practicing cannabis regulatory and corporate law. The firm began with just Anne and soon reached 118 clients all across Washington state. By 2017, it was representing a quarter of Washington State’s legal cannabis industry. Currently, her practice focuses on the regulatory compliance, expansion, and exit strategies for domestic and trans-national cannabis, CBD, and hemp companies and providing legal counsel to national and international non-cannabis businesses seeking entry to the cannabis space. She is currently writing a much anticipated memoir on the early days of legal cannabis, which will be published before the end of 2021.
We had an initial consultation call with Anne Van Leynseele, where we identified her goals and requirements. On the call, we discussed the PR strategy we would implement in the upcoming months.
ROADMAP TO SUCCESS
Based on the needs of Anne Van Leynseele, we worked with her to build out a roadmap of publications, a timeline, and a trajectory for success that will best elevate the digital authority of her brand.
GET TO WORK
We sent her a questionnaire that we would leverage to craft her content. Then, we began the process of content creation and getting her featured on the agreed publications.
Anne Van Leynseele wanted to grow her online presence in order to increase brand credibility. Our main aim was to present Anne’s story in a distinctive way, and leverage that to get her featured on numerous top-tier publications.
- Create powerful and engaging content for Anne based on her story and help her gain worldwide recognition.
- Improve Google search presence for Anne Van Leynseele.
- Boost brand credibility and authority by positioning Anne Van Leynseele as a leading corporate cannabis lawyer.
- Generate enough press so that it could later on be used as leverage to get on even bigger media outlets if needed.
- Got Anne Van Leynseele’s story featured on top-tier media outlets including Yahoo Finance, Influencive, Disrupt Magazine, and many more.
- Created powerful content and strategically got it placed on major media outlets to position Anne Van Leynseele as a leading corporate lawyer.
- Boosted Google search presence Anne Van Leynseele and her law firm.
- Attained a lot of strong media coverage, hence laid the initial foundation for bigger media placements and contributor spots in the future.